Breaking News
  • March 27Welcome to the Wellington Landings online newspaper!
  • March 27Questions or opinions on an article? Comment them!
The Student News Site of Wellington Landings Middle School

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

The NBA is a Dying Organization

Basketball by a basketball hoop in the sun.
Cris M.

As the NBA season continues to progress, fans and critics are beginning to wonder if the state of the NBA has begun to decrease. Basketball has and will always be an important and beloved sport for most people but professional basketball may not be headed down the same path.

One of the many reasons for the death of this organization is the ref’s inability to maintain fair judgment throughout the season and their poor calls. There will always be bad refs but it seems more common in the NBA, refs have been seen to make very controversial calls and even favor well-known stars.

This has gotten so bad that many players’ entire strategy is to flop to make it look like they got fouled even though they didn’t. It has even gotten some players the MVP status. This alone has gotten teams multiple wins, causing fans to get mad because their team lost just because the refs are favoring players.

Another reason for the death of the NBA is the all-star weekend problem. The all-star weekend has some of the most interesting events all season, and players just refuse to participate, and at the same time disrespecting players and fans.