Move-A-Thon Raises Money for Shands

Samantha Obregon, Writer

The students at Wellington Landings Middle School are raising money for ill children in Shands hospital in Gainesville, by participating in the Move-A-Thon.  The move-a thon is a 3.5-hour event where students listen to music, have fun with themed activities, and eat food. It will be Friday, December 14 from 6- 9:30 PM, in the gym at Wellington Landings Middle School. The price of the ticket is $10 and can be purchased in the cafeteria in the morning and during lunch. If someone can not attend the event they could always donate. The people who buy a ticket will also have no collar day on Friday. 

SGAs at WLMS and Wellington High School have been working together to find a smoother transition for middle school students going to high school. The Government Associations at WLMS and WHS have worked very hard to announce Move-A-Thon on fliers, posters, and the morning announcements. The WHS students act as leaders and mentors, and WLMS SGA are hosting and planning the event. Wellington High School hosts a Dance Marathon to supply for this cause. WLMS decided to also contribute by hosting the Move-A-Thon.

There will be a beach party form 6-7, the carnival from 7-7:30, sports from 7:30-8:30, rave from 8:30-9:15 and a big reveal from 9:15-9:30. Last year, WLMS was able to raise $3,450.  Let’s try to raise even more money than last year for the children who need it. Were all looking forward to making the Move-A-Thon an annual event.