FSA Or No FSA

Back to Article
Back to Article

FSA Or No FSA

Breanna Bistrong taking a test

Breanna Bistrong taking a test

Breanna Bistrong taking a test

Breanna Bistrong taking a test

Breanna Bistrong

FSA or no FSA

By Breanna Bistrong

At the end of the year, students take the FSA (Florida Standard Assessments) their score affects their class placement and their teacher’s salary.

These major tests put so much pressure on the students and it affects their capabilities. These tests are about 2 hours long. Many students who have poor testing skills but are straight A’s students are put into classes that don’t meet the student’s requirements. The students class placements should be based on an overall school year and not on one exam. These tests are not easy the questions are written trick you. The majority of students are not the best when sat in the room with a packet and pencil.  How is that teaching students? These tests put anxiety and stress on students who worry they may not do good and will affect class placement. According to the website http://www.homeschool-testing.com/why-the-fsa-fcat-is-bad/, it states “the FSA does not give parents results that contain any information as to how their child is doing in individual subject areas. It is not a test that you can use to determine if they are behind or ahead in any subject. It will not help you figure out what your child’s strengths or weaknesses are.” This shows that their test score cant break down your strengths and weaknesses.