Summer School or Summer Break?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Summer School or Summer Break?

Solonia Deoto, Editor-in-Chief / Opinion Writer

Schools in America have been thinking if there should be school year-round. There is a debate on whether or not students should stay in schools longer. I believe that there should be no school year-round with a summer break because students stay in school for about ten months and need a break from hard work.

Every child knows that after a nice school year, they need time to spend with friends. Summer is a time for kids to relax and take a break no matter if it is two-three months, they will still need their rest! I know that most kids do not like school as it is already and to keep kids in school for twelve months would ruin everything! Although there will be longer breaks, that still means during those two to three weeks the children will have to do homework, with summer vacation they have no work. It’s better because with two weeks of holiday it would be just pointless. I mean what’s the point of keeping kids in school for twelve months, I know teachers will not like this either, but they also need time to relax with their family! If there’s no summer break, there’s also a chance for parents to not have a break either. And no summer break could overwhelm a student and bring them some failure.