London and Paris School Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

London and Paris School Trip

Dylan Artlip, Editor

This summer Mrs.Shields had the opportunity to bring 5 students and 2 adults to London and Paris. This educated tour hosted by Educational Tours (EF Tours) set flight on June 6th and ended June 14th. For some, it was a new experience for others it was a chance to learn more about the history of London and Paris. During the trip, WLMS met with a school from California and together they went and explored London for 3 days. During their time in London, they learned countless things ranging from watching the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace to walking along the London Bridge. In London, they visited the Tower of London, the Buckingham Palace, the saw Big Ben, and they went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. In London, they had many English treats including Fish and Chips (fried fish and fries) many of the meals in England was prepared with gravy. After the 3 days was up the students traveled in a train to Paris where the train went underwater and traveled around 80mph when they arrived in Paris they started right away at looking at many monuments. Some of the monuments included the somewhat destroyed Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, the Palace of Versailles, Les Invalides, Pantheon, Sacre-Coeur, Palais du Louvre, Arc de Triomphe. Some types of food they had ranged from Pizza to Crepes. All in all, the trip to London and Paris was a very eventful and very fun experience for most.

On the trip, the students from WLMS learned countless important things like for example they learned that Mona Lisa one of the most famous pictures made in history is only 2ft 6in by 1ft 9in. The students also learned that the Sacre-Coeur took 39 years to build (1875-1914) and was built by Paul Abadie and houses Frances biggest bell. The students also had the chance to see the French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte’s grave in the Les Invalides. While they learned a lot in Paris they also learned a fair bit in London. For example, they learned that on months May through July the guards at Buckingham Palace change positions daily at 11:30 am and August through March they change on alternate days at 11:30 am. In London, they also learned that the Victoria and Albert Museum holds over 4.5 million artifacts, sculptures, photos, fashion, books, and paintings.