Exercise Needs To Make A Comeback

Eleanor Myers, Editor

It’s almost 2020 and the idea of exercising and staying in good health has been long forgotten among most students. Now I know what I’m about to say is going to be very expected, but I think that in modern society the advanced technology that we’ve been given negatively impacts our physical health. I don’t think the technology of today is entirely bad because it does have benefits too, but there’s no doubt that it affects us. The idea of exercise is encouraged by many, but I don’t feel that a lot of students really follow that encouragement and make an effort to stay fit. 

Many question the relevance of exercise, but it should be common sense to know that you need to go out and exercise every so often, the reason for this being, “Exercise helps memory and cognitive function through both direct and indirect means. The benefits of exercise come directly from its ability to reduce insulin resistance, reduce inflammation, and stimulate the release of growth factors,” which is quoted from an article by Exercise Right.com. So as you can see, exercise is very important to us because it seriously impacts our mental health. Remember to always take exercise into consideration because it impacts your brain significantly, and don’t forget that it’s beneficial to the rest of your body as well, according to an article by MedlinePlus, it says that, “Regular exercise can help teens and kids build strong bones. Later in life, it can also slow the loss of bone density that comes with age.”