A Goodbye To Ms. Havell

A Goodbye To Ms. Havell

Alexa Oddo, Editor

Our lovely language arts teacher Ms. Havell will be leaving Wellington Landings Middle School for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. 

Ms. Havell is transferring to Carver Community Middle School to become an Assistant Principal.  She left on September ninth and will be missed by all of our school, especially her amazing students.

Below is a Q&A with Ms. Havell.

Q: Why did you choose to become an Assistant Principal?

A: I would like to reach students beyond the walls of my own classroom. I also feel it is important to invest in supporting teachers in their growth.

Q: How do you feel about this new opportunity?

A: I am very excited to meet new challenges and to grow my skills by learning from students, teachers, and administrators.

Q: What do you hope to achieve in this new position?

A: I hope to bring the benefit of my knowledge and experience as a middle school teacher to a new population of middle school students so that they can reach their full potential not only as students but as people.

Q: What experiences will you miss working at Wellington Landings Middle School and which ones will you miss the most?

A: I will miss my daily walks around the campus, the close connections I have with my students, and —most of all— I will miss seeing the familiar faces of my colleagues at Wellington Landings

Q: What were your most cherished moments at Wellington Landings? 

A: My most cherished moments include the rewarding process of mentoring new teachers, spontaneous moments of laughter in the classroom, and extended lunch “meetings” with the eighth-grade team. 

Q: How long have you been working for this promotion?

A: The process of preparing for a job in school administration takes over four years.