Breaking News
  • March 27Welcome to the Wellington Landings online newspaper!
  • March 27Questions or opinions on an article? Comment them!
The Student News Site of Wellington Landings Middle School

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Escaped Zebra Captured Near Seattle After Wandering Around Cascade Mountains Foothills for Days

Zebra in its natural environment
Wikimedia Commons
Zebra in its natural environment

When Seattle found four escaped zebras, local residents called animal control to handle this unexpected situation. The zebras were caught gallivanting around the western side of Washington.

The Regional Animal Services of King County states,  “The zebras seemed to be in good condition despite their week-long adventure.” 

Shug was the name of one of four zebras that escaped that Friday night. She and her friends were transported from Washington to Montana on a trailer. The trailer wasn’t sealed right, causing Shug and four other zebras to escape that Friday, leading to many confused residents and drivers.

All of the zebras managed to get captured easily, except one zebra who hopped a fence and disappeared. Shug’s adventure quickly caught the attention of people around the world resulting in social media memes found everywhere. The Regional Animal Services of King County eventually finds their missing zebra, Shug. She is now alongside her family and friends.