Breaking News
  • March 27Welcome to the Wellington Landings online newspaper!
  • March 27Questions or opinions on an article? Comment them!
The Student News Site of Wellington Landings Middle School

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

U.S. Air Force Officer Wins Title of Miss America 2024

Photo of a jeweled tiara like Miss America’s
Marlee B.

22-year-old Madison Marsh has been crowned Miss America 2024 this Sunday in Orlando.

From Colorado, Marsh is also a second lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and is the first active-duty Air Force Officer to receive this title. 

There were 51 contestants, from each state and the District of Columbia, and 11 semi-finalists were voted into the pageant including Marsh. There were four rounds of competitions for the semi-finalists, including a runaway walk, a talent show, a discussion of “hot topics”, and an evening gown presentation. Then the five finalists spoke about their dreams and goals as Miss America. 

Marsh spoke about her mother’s journey with pancreatic cancer during the discussion, and how she got a pilot’s license at 16 for the talent show. 

Marsh’s accomplishment is truly inspirational, because not only does she “`display beauty on the outside, but she is a beautiful person within too. From her Air Force service to her pancreatic cancer foundation which has raised tons of money for cancer patients, she has shown that she truly deserves her title as Miss America. “You can achieve anything. The sky is not the limit and the only thing that’s stopping you is you.”