Breaking News
  • March 27Welcome to the Wellington Landings online newspaper!
  • March 27Questions or opinions on an article? Comment them!
The Student News Site of Wellington Landings Middle School

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Why Is It Bad That Americans Have Spent $12 Billion On Halloween?

Sour Patch Kids Gum
Leo Syla
Sour Patch Kids Gum

This year Americans have spent over $12 billion on Halloween. That can be bad for financial stability since it will severely affect someone’s net worth.

It isn’t only Americans who have already spent a lot on Halloween, half of Canadians stated that they will spend more than 50 Canadian dollars (36.54 USD). The fact that Halloween went from a neo-pagan holiday about rituals, to a singular person spending over thousands of dollars is ridiculous. Their money can instead be used for taxes to help pay off the $33 trillion of debt that the US government has. 

If we continue to spend a fortune on Halloween, we’ll have to pay more taxes just to help the Government’s debt. Considering the fact that Canada has over $2 trillion in debt, it should also be a reason for Canadians to not spend so much. Those trillions of dollars could be used to revolutionize architecture and build more futuristic buildings if it wasn’t being used to pay off debts.

View Comments (3)