Breaking News
  • March 27Welcome to the Wellington Landings online newspaper!
  • March 27Questions or opinions on an article? Comment them!
The Student News Site of Wellington Landings Middle School

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

Gator Gazette

FSA Testing Is Better Than FAST Testing

Student working on chromebook
Bianca G.
Student working on chromebook

In March 2022, Florida Standard Assessments (FSA) tests were changed to the new FAST test. This change has been controversial over the two years it has been in effect.

The Florida Standard Assemesment (FSA) was a test students took at the end of the year to highlight their knowledge of a subject based on levels 1-5. The new FAST testing monitors your progress throughout the year, splitting the testing into three different tests throughout the school year. This approach has made many angry considering students must take more tests and time out of their learning experience. 

Most students test on multiple subjects, making it take even more time out of the school day to test. Subjects like ELA, Science, and Math are usually tested with all middle-schoolers. This change has made it hard for many to adapt to.

To put it into perspective, many students have events during this important time of testing. These usually take place around before winter break, the beginning of the school year, and the last few months of the school year. These are times when travel is high, which means students may not be able to attend school during the testing dates. 

Overall, FSA testing is more beneficial to students all around. This test should be in place again. Join me and help the fight against FAST testing.

View Comments (3)